Saturday, January 24

an open note

Saturday, January 24
The past few days have been glorious! Thank you, Texas, for the goodbye gift of warm weather. But judging by the increasingly toasty showers I have been enjoying, maybe it wasn't a gift. Perhaps it's a jealous taunt.

"Guess you won't see any of this perfect weather for a while, Joanna. Since you're always cold anyway, you'll just love the colder climate of Europe. Can't wait to see you shipped back as a human ice cube. Then you'll admit you missed me and my bounteous warmth.

Love,
The Steaming Sauna of Texas.


P.S. I'm taking Gracie while you're gone."


It's just as well. Texas, you know I love you. I leave tomorrow...so much to do before then! Ok well actually you probably won't be surprised to know that I packed a week ago. Buuuut, we keep adding things...and the suitcase, unfortunately, isn't getting any bigger. Someday, maybe when I come back, I will be an effective packer. However, I'm pretty sure that day is not today.

1 comments:

Pagée en Français said...

Oh man oh man, how I do miss Texas weather. It's probably colder in the Netherlands than in France, isn't it? Well, we'll commiserate in the cold together!! :) Have a safe trip over here! Can't wait to see you! :D