Wednesday, January 21

things that have, as of late, been making me happy

Wednesday, January 21
1. House marathons
Why is it that I can't even think about needles or surgery without grimacing, and yet I am continually addicted to doctor TV shows? Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, House, E.R. ...This is a mystery. But last night I watched like 6 hours of House. It was fantastic.

2. The Container Store
If you know me at all...you will know that I am obsessed with organization. And that's pretty much what the store is all about.

3. Packing and this website
I have never in my life been an effective packer...but that is about to change! I think I will actually have enough room for everything in my suitcases. I can't believe I leave on SUNDAY and it's already Wednesday. I feel both absolutely ready to leave and also unprepared. But, I guess this is something you can't be completely prepared for. And I can't wait to

4. Psychology
Actually this isn't a new love. But still. :) I just finished reading Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. In it he talks about a psychologist, Paul Ekman, who studied body language and coded all of the possible facial expressions, which are the same across cultures. Interestingly there is this new show on that I've seen an ad for every night for weeks called Lie to Me. It's based on Ekman's work...my world is getting smaller. So I'm watching the premiere tonight just to check it out!

3 comments:

Sar said...

I loooove Blink! My favorite Gladwell book. The Tipping Point was just okay, but Outliers was good! I'm pretty sure I have them both here in Waco if you want to borrow them when you get back.

Soooo excited to read about your adventures, even though I'm going to miss you like heck when you're gone.

I love that you love the Container Store. I've never been to such a place, but it sounds better than Disneyland! Probably less expensive, too!

:) Keep blogging! Can't wait to see pictures!

Carla said...

I love the Container Store too!! Practically half my dorm room was from there. If it wasn't so expensive I would buy one of everything...and more :)

Anonymous said...

i love house too!! i am t.o. that i missed it because i had nothing to do and it would have been a great time taker upper!!!