Tuesday, February 17

i love the eiffel tower

Tuesday, February 17
I'll be honest. I took over 100 pictures of this structure, the famous Eiffel Tower. And I can't figure it out.

It is just so familiar, but really, it's a huge hunk of metal. Huge. And yet, it was absolutely breathtaking in person every single time I saw it- we went during the day and at night.

Saturday afternoon, we waited in the long long line to travel to the very top of the tower. It was worth every minute of waiting- the weather was beautiful, it was Valentine's day (plus a thousand smoochy couples and a rowdy group of Irish students) and well, why not?

We got a panoramic view of the entire city- here's a taste. Note the amazing sky.


At night, every hour, the tower lights up with flashing lights- sounds tacky, but no. It was awesome.
Some of the pictures we all took as a group on another camera were unfortunately lost- but don't worry- I at least tried to take some pictures with people in them! If I can figure out how to put video up, I have a video!

0 comments: