Monday, February 16

that time i sat on the holy grail

Monday, February 16
The Louvre.

It is so cliche to say this but the building itself is a work of art. We went on Friday-- amazingly, it is free for students every Friday nights! I can't add much to this art, so I will let the pictures speak for themselves. I will say that the Mona Lisa is smaller than you would think, and that I have never been in a bigger set of buildings in my life. And the entrance is cool- you actually go under that glass pyramid on escalators to the lobby. The pyramid is controversial still, and I am not surprised- it is magnificent, but a complete contrast to the formal buildings that comprise the museum.


One of the fantastic things about the museum was that you could walk up to just about anything you wanted to see....even Caesar's bust. Also, you could take a picture of anything. We found a lot of crazy statues to recreate later. ;) They had ballrooms-worth of marble sculpture and giant portraits. Glorious.
We decided to have a photoshoot by the inverted pyramid. You may remember this site as the location of Mary's remains- the holy grail- in the DaVinci Code. If that's the case, well, I sat on the holy grail.

Back: Chris, Amanda, Lexi, Me, Brittany
Front: Kathy, Kaitlyn, Rachel, Pana

0 comments: