Thursday, March 19

a thousand things

Thursday, March 19
Hello there!! So things have been a little crazy lately. I know, I am still in the middle of updating posts from Denmark and Sweden. But, my pictures ARE up online on picasa (though not facebook yet):

picasaweb.google.com/joannaprice88

I wanted to update you on Maastricht things! And really everything. I have a TON to say. So buckle up!!

First of all, we are rapidly approaching our end of semester. My first final is MONDAY night...which is kind of insane. I am taking a very quick break from typing up a 10 page essay to let you know what I've been up to!

I'll be done with classes in less than a week. But I have a lot to cram into that time. Like packing, booking tickets, planning, updating...Other than studying and writing and reading and oh yeah, wasting time online, I have been enjoying the company of my friends here. The people here are just amazing and I can't believe I didn't know these wonderful wonderful students before when we were in Waco. I don't even want to think about leaving them at the end of April!

Last night, the Center for European Studies hosted a quiz night at an Irish pub over near the Maas River-- it was really fun! Almost everyone from this Baylor program was there, which was great. Our team "Domination" won third! Yeah, that's right. I have pictures but who knows when I'll have time to put them up. :) After that I did something extremely productive...here's an example:

Top left, clockwise: Me, Amanda, Kaitlyn, Rachel, Chris, Creepy doll, Brittany, Lexie, Kathy, Caroline

I want to share one of my favorite experiences every week: Monday night dinners. Our whole 45+ person group meets to have dinner Monday through Wednesday. But Monday is the best because everyone has returned from traveling over the weekend. It's so loud and exciting and everyone is talking about their favorite things! And now that we have had lots of weekends, I love hearing someone say, Oh, I love that place! Did you do this and this? And we have these common experiences even though we don't always travel together. By the way, I love traveling. After studying here I can tell you for sure that I want traveling to be an integral part of the rest of my life. Not necessarily that I want to always travel for my job, but there are so many more places I want to see! I feel like George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life.

In other news, I'm confirmed to work in Dr. Stanford's lab again over the summer! That means no job hunting when I get back...thank goodness! I'm really excited, because I adore all of the people there! Also this summer I can't WAIT to live with Carrie, Laura, and Stephanie. I feel like I have been waiting my whole life to live with them. Seriously, you probably know that I spend the night at their place all the time because I am always there. Now it will be my place too! :) Speaking of which I hope they are reading this because I miss them like crazy. I'm trying not to think too much about future things, because I told myself this semester here would be a worry-free time. But, I am about to register for my LAST semester at Baylor!!!! After that I am living and working in Waco for the spring semester, and figuring out where I am going to GRAD SCHOOL. It is going to go by so quickly...what changes and what an adventure!

You may know that I loooove having dinner nights back at home...so I am excited to say that I am hosting one over here in my dorm room on Sunday night. I think about 9-10 people (mostly those who went to Budapest/Prague) are coming over and we are making stir fry...yum. It will be a nice break. I know I am usually a studious person but I am really making the effort to enjoy everyone's company and the great sights and the little things of Europe that I am lucky to see this semester.

Oh yes, one other thing. I am leaving very soon! Next Friday afternoon, we begin our month of travel. Here is a list of the places we plan on exploring (not completely in order)! Our group will vary from 7 to 9 people because some people will be meeting up with family along the way.

ITALY
venice
naples
pompeii
positano
rome
florence
cinque terre

GREECE
athens
santorini

FRENCH COAST
nice

SPAIN
barcelona
madrid
grenada

____________________________________________
Friday morning, 5 other girls (Amanda, Kaitlyn, Kathy, Brittany, & Rachel) and I are heading to Amsterdam! We're hoping to have a stress-less visit to the Anne Frank Huis, Van Gogh museum, and Rijksmuseum. We'll spend the night there, visit any museums we missed, enjoy the canals, and stop in Keukenhof on the way back to see the tulips! I worked on my close-up flower photography last weekend in Sweden so my tulip pictures will rock...What do you think?!

0 comments: